CleanTech™ Handheld NCX laser cleaning system
The CleanTech™ Handheld NCX surface preparation and cleaning laser with IIoT
The CleanTech™ Handheld NCX is a complete industrial-grade, rugged, high precision portable laser surface cleaning and conditioning system. The first handheld laser cleaning machine with integrated Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) connectivity, increased portability, enhanced safety & operating features and made in America. The CleanTech™ Handheld NCX laser system processes a wide range of materials with special attention to highly-reflective metals. It is ruggedly built for remote or large parts or surfaces to be cleaned by lasers that wont fit in a traditional enclosure.
CleanTech™ Handheld NCX Main Features:
- Network Capability-Enhanced Control Card/On Board Removable Memory (IIoT)
- Portable Cart Industrial-Grade Laptop PC Includes CleanTech Software
- Continuous operation under high-shock, vibration and dust conditions
- Easy & Safe to Operate
- Cleaning Head with Dual Activation Switch and Mechanical Interlock for Safety Compliance
- Wide range of cleaning parameters, standard and custom optics shapes
- Class 4 laser-rated safety viewing port
- Laser “ON” Locked Contact Switch for Operator Safety
- Integrated Mini-Exhaust System
- Dust Collector
- Maintenance-Free Cleaning Requiring No Consumables
- Specification Download
CleanTech™ Handheld System Features:
- 12V/24V DC Power Source – 110V/220V AC Power Source
- 1 mJ Pulse Laser Standard (0.5mJ, 1.0mJ, 2mJ or Custom 150mJ Max)
- Galvo-Scan Head with 160mm F-Theta Lens (4” x 4” Marking Area)
- 4” x 4” Processing Chamber
- Assist Inert Gas System
- Flexible 3 Meter Optical Cable
- Red-Diode Pointer
- Network Capability-Enhanced Control Card/On Board Removable Memory
- Metal Parts Cleaning
- Anodizing Removal
- 3D Surface Cleaning and Conditioning
- Surface Texturing
- Cosmetic Surface Conditioning (replaces bid blasting)
- Selective Paint Removal
- Mold Cleaning
- Joining Pre-Treatment Cleaning
- “On-The-Fly” Cleaning
- Ablation (Anodized, Painted or Coated)
- Paint Stripping and Removal
- Rust and Corrosion Removal
Materials and Product Suitability
- Aluminum (Anodized/Polished/Cast)
- Stainless Steel/ Mild Steel
- Galvanized Metals
- Multi-Coated Materials
- Painted Metal Alloys
- Cast Iron and Chrome
- Rubber and PVC
- and More
CleanTech Handheld NCX Upgrade Options Available:
The Q-switched Laser was specifically designed for maintenance-free applications. It delivers a diffraction limited (M2<1.05) laser beam directly to the work site via a metal sheathed single-mode fiber cable. These compact service-free Lasers are designed to operate under high shock, vibration and dust conditions in relatively high humidity across wide operating temperature ranges. Wall-plug efficiencies up to 50% result in a compact size, reduced utilities, and trouble-free air cooling. There is no routine replacement of parts or materials scheduling; they require only a low voltage power source
The Cleaning Head
The Cleaning Head is designed to quickly and precisely deflect and position the laser beam. Small spot sizes are achieved along with large image fields. Very stable operating conditions as well as high long-term stability are provided by pressurized air injection into the optical shroud and particle extraction between the optical and protection shroud layers. The compact housing is dust proof and water spray resistant.
|Maximum Parts Size||Unlimited|
|Laser Equipment||0.5 mJ, 1.0 mJ, 2mJ* Customer selected depending on required throughput, material, and application. Maximum – 150 mJ. For a proper selection please consult with our Application Engineering Department.|
|Mode of operation||CW or Pulsed Q-Switched (see laser selection paragraph)|
|System Dimensions||See envelope drawings below|
|System Weight||35 pounds head and laser source together|
|Head Weight||8 Pounds|
|Operating Temperature||+0 to +45o C|
|Relative Humidity||40 – 80% non-condensing|
|Electrical Requirements||120 volt 8 amps|
|Clean Dry Air||60 PSI|
|Process Assist Inert gas Selection||Nitrogen, Argon, Carbon Dioxide, Compressed Air|
** For system equipped with pneumatic components
Transparent Protective Window:
CDRH rated yellow transparent laser rated acrylic window for visualization of lasing processes and easier alignment.
Operations & Maintenance Manual (in English) includes:
- Service Information
- General Description
- Laser Safety Manual
- Operation Description
- Troubleshooting Guide
- Cleaning Head Manual
- Portable Laser Cleaning System
Portable Laser Cleaning System:
Portable Laser Cleaning system consists of laser, cleaning head, controls, and dust extractor/collector with extraction hose and replaceable filter bags.
Dust extractor unit is designed for use with an array of portable/movable laser cleaning systems. The 1/2HP motor pulls air through a heavy-duty, reusable, front drawer-mounted filter at a rate of 620 cfm. Cleaning the filter is a simple matter of pulling the drawer out and vacuuming the filter and is durable enough to be re-used.
- Laser 0.5mJ, 1.0 mJ, 2.0 mJ or custom for up to 150 mJ for special applications
- Motor:1/2HP, 1 Phase, 120V (up to 3HP for higher CFM and more powerful lasers)
- Dimensions:24″ x 24″
- System Height:53″
- Overall Dimensions: 33″ tall x 25″ wide x 47″ deep
- Weight: 120 lbs.
- Heavy duty swivel casters for mobility
- Heavy-duty induction motor pulls air downward.
- Reusable pleated filter encased in metal tray for durability and quick cleaning.
- Built-in casters for increased mobility in the shop environment.
- Industrial on-off switch is positioned in front for operator convenience.
- Industrial strength cabinet for durability.
We can custom configure and fit your CleanTech system to exactly fit your requirement upon request. Contact Laser Photonics if you need any assistance determining which capabilities best suit your needs.
|Safety Considerations During Operation: 1064 nM wavelength laser light emitted from this laser system is invisible and may be harmful to the human eye. Proper laser safety eye wear must be worn during operation at all times. 21CFR 1040.10 Compliance:
The CleanTech™ Handheld NCX is a Class IV enclosed laser unit as designated by the CDRH and meets the full requirements for a stand-alone laser system as defined by 21 CFR 1040.10 under the Radiation Control for Health and Safety Act of 1968. As an added level of security, a redundantly switched safety interlock system helps prevent accidental exposure to excess laser radiation. Plus the system is equipped with an electrical power manual reset, a key-locked laser power switch and a remote interlock connector. Finally, the system has audible and visible emission indicators with five (5) second emission delay settings. All these features, in combination, constitute the laser radiation safety system which allows the CleanTech™ units be used in a safe and secure manner.
For more information, please contact us.
We Offer Our Customers…
About Laser Photonics
Laser Photonics, a Fonon brand, is the innovative leader in manufacturing fiber, green, UV, femtosecond, UltraFast and CO2 laser equipment for marking, cleaning, 3D metal printing, cutting and engraving applications. Our dynamic product line demonstrates significant enhancements over existing technologies in laser applications.
This technology is more energy efficient than comparable products on the market. Our systems provide affordable quality and performance and are easy to operate. These advancements translate into numerous cost and performance benefits to our customers.
Laser Photonics emphasizes a high quality design of technologically advanced equipment and provides unrivaled products with respect to value, performance, range and efficiency.
*Information collected from this form will only be used to provide you with the information you are requesting. We will not use this information for any other purpose and we will not provide collected information to third parties.